Work with LSU-VisTrails github repo¶
Fork the repo and get up to date contents¶
Got to github, find original repo: https://github.com/lsu-lesbutler/LSU-VisTrails
Click the “Fork” button at the top right.
You’ll now have your own copy of that repository in your github account.
Open a terminal/shell, clone the repo, get up to date with the source
git clone https://github.com/jinghuage/LSU-VisTrails.git cd LSU-VisTrails/ git remote -v git git remote add forksource https://github.com/lsu-lesbutler/LSU-VisTrails.git git pull forksource master git config --global push.default matching git push
Make changes and send pull request : jinghuage/LSU-VisTrails¶
Change/add some files and push to your forked repo:
git status git add git commit
To create a branch and push to that branch:
git checkout -b branch-name git push origin branch-name
Send a pull request from github website: https://github.com/jinghuage/LSU-VisTrails
Handle pull request : lsu-lesbutler/LSU-VisTrails¶
Using the github website:
- Go to https://github.com/lsu-lesbutler/LSU-VisTrails
- Click on “Pull Requests” at the top.
- Click on the particular request. You’ll see their comments on the pull request, and can click to see the exact changes.
- If you want them to make further changes before you merge the changes into your repository, add a comment.
- If you hate the whole idea, just click the “Close” button.
- If you want to merge the changes into your repository, click the “Merge pull request” button.
Sync to local repo: jinghuage¶
Now at jinghua’s terminal, switch to master and pull
git checkout master git pull forksource master
Push to local repo:
git push origin master